Powered By Blogger

Thursday 23 July 2015

Cancer did not happen to me, I HAPPENED TO CANCER!



Sometime back I along with a mad friend started our own art venture called Beerbelly. I started painting as a hobby and gradually it became my identity. We created some wacky art products. As I evolved in my art, I gave up my advertising career and started taking Beerbelly seriously. Just when the fun was begining life threw a lemon at me.  

What seemed like a normal case of acidity now turned into a lifestyle disorder called Cancer! Yes, cancer - colorectal cancer. But I recovered fast and took everything in my stride like a true blue mad hatter. But what I realised in my journey was the lack of information & knowledge in reference to cancer care - health check ups, early symptoms of cancer, insurance, hospitals, costs etc. So why am I starting this blog is to create awareness and clear misconceptions of cancer, through my experiences. Hopefully it will help those seeking information on the disorder.

And finally those who may wonder why am I calling my blog  Beercan  - apart from it being a combination of Beerbelly and Cancer, I believe the only way to take on cancer is by being high on life !Because there no medicine like positivity.


5 comments:

  1. Debu, u r an inspiration for many... A live example of what is told in "The Secret".. Be the same forever . I m sure you ll succeed in this phase of life too.. love you loads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweta for the lovely words. In my low momemts I always come back to these words to get up and run again!

      Delete
  2. You can make a difference this 13th by registering to donate your organs.... You can go on these:
    Mohanfoundation.org, shatayu.org.in, giftyourorgan.org, giftalife.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naval for the details!

      Delete
    2. @Naval : sorry to say but you cannot display more insensitivity than by posting this message on this particular blog.

      Delete