Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 August 2015

Organ Donation - lets do it!




When I was in the ICU I would often hear a child’s voice  – she was my neighbour. I could hear her cry, laugh, talk and call out to this particular doctor ‘Uncle, please come … we will play games’. Her parents had given her their laptop and iPad so that she could play games. And there was this kind doctor who would often go out of his way to make her day! Sweet.

Hats off to Mumbai police, organ donors and doctors!


Later I learnt that, this 12 year old was admitted for a serious kidney disorder and had to under go a kidney transplant, her mother being the donor.  That’s when organ donation actually struck a serious cord with me. I mean, I always wanted to donate my eyes after seeing the Ashwariya campaign, but never got the time to turn my wish into action‼ Yeah, yeah I know … that was centuries ago! Pure couch potato attitude. But then, there is God. He watches over all couch potatoes. And when the time comes He slaps them and admits them in the ICU so that they learn their lessons. :P :P

So this year I celebrated my birthday by giving myself a special gift – I signed up for organ donation. I ticked marked on all the 11 boxes – Kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, eyes, skin, ear drum, heart valve and bone ! Felt good J. Hopefully one day some soul/s will benefit from this act of mine. :D My first baby step towards serving humanity.

My donor card :D
It’s a simple process. I walked into the Hiranandani Hospital, went to the concerned department, filled up a form, and got my donor card! In 10 mins the entire procedure was done. So if you want to do the same just get in touch with a reputed hospital and do the needful.

Read this leaflet to get info about organ donation
 There is a huge shortage of organs in India. Lets contribute and make someone's life beautiful. We can all do it. So, instead of carrying our organs to Heaven lets just create Heaven on Earth!

If you still have doubts about creating Heaven on Earth then please see this video ... how an organ donation can change someone's life! If you don't have doubts ... then watch it too ... it will inspire you to convince your friends for organ donation! The video is beautiful. 





Some sites on organ donation that may interest you :





Tips:
When going for organ donation please take one of your family member as a witness is required. The witness has to be from the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment